The ten most popular posts over the month were:
- Sunday Essay - the importance of quiet time in a crowded world 269 page views
- Report of the NSW Aborigines Welfare Board, year ended 30 June 1940 208 page views
- Belshaw's Animal Meme 112 page views
- Interview with Tony Abbott 1979 92 page views
- Australian history and the migrant experience 72 page views
- Three Amigos and the future Australian Government 60 page views
- Cub Gunston? 56 page views
- Northern Daily Leader: Second-term support a must 54 page views
- End of the Nats? 49 page views
- Reflections on the end of the Housing NSW/AHO Aboriginal mentoring program 48 page views.
As part of my monthly review, I also looked as the stats for my other blogs. I was surprised at the spike in traffic in August on New England Australia (Blog visits take off) and New England's History (Blog Performance August 2010).
In fact, in August on the New England Australia blog, the number of followers, visits and page views all passed this blog for the first time! While I am obviously pleased at the increases on the other blogs, I found myself with mixed feelings. My overall personal interests attracted less interest than my more specific interests!
I have felt for a little while that this blog is becoming a little stale. I need to do something about this.