Friday, April 28, 2017

A short note on Minister Dutton's credibility

This post is by way of a place holder.

I must say that I don't have a great degree of trust in Minister Dutton's statements about the latest trouble at the Australian detention camp on Manus island. Mind you, I am in a similar position with some of the statements from those opposing current Government policy. Both will bend facts to support their case.

In the latest case, I have listened or read interviews with the local Manus Police Chief and MP as well as other reporting, including the Minister's own statements. The Minister started with innuendo and now seems to be relying on his claim of classified information to support his position. While I accept that there are always different perspectives, the apparent gap between the Minister's position and the evidence that seems to be emerging is growing.

At this point, I haven't attempted a detailed analysis of all the issues. Better to wait until we have a little more information.

No comments: