Wednesday, September 02, 2009

Birthdays

H, eldest, turned 22 today. Quite frightening really! Then comes my wife's birthday, youngest's', my MIL, and all in the space of a fortnight.

This morning cooked breakfast for eldest. Tonight we walk down the road to eat Spanish. H's choice.

In moving found new photos of H. More precisely, old photos I hadn't seen for a while. Took me back to the very early days when I was her dear Da. Things change, but links go on.

Youngest and I are in competition as to who will be published first! I one-upped her by threatening to publish a monograph. Her response tonight was a possible short story! I think that it helps both of us, although I begin to fear that I may lose.

People are arriving. They are coming here first. Time to go.  

4 comments:

Tikno said...

Feels your happy's moment.
Happy great day with family.

Jim Belshaw said...

Thank you Tikno. Just back. It was funn.

Hels said...

Isn't it amazing when the children grow up, finish university and are no longer even a bit dependent on you?

I am delighted my children know more than I do about computers, phones with cameras in them, DVDs and CDs etc etc. I am even delighted the grandchildren know more than I do about modern technology.

But I would be less serene if we were battling for expertise in an area I claim for myself. After all, it wasn't that long ago that we were wiping their noses and cleaning their bottoms. :)

I imagine our own parents feel the same way.

Jim Belshaw said...

Hi Hels, and my apology for my belated response. I'm sure that you are right!