Thursday, September 14, 2006

Attitudes Towards Muslims - a US Perspective

I was not going to write another immediate post because I wanted to let my last long post settle. However, I saw a very interesting post on Geoff Robinson's southcoast blog that I thought deserved a wider audience.

For those who do not know Geoff, he writes extensively (among other things) on US domestic politics from an Australian perspective. One of his posts American primaries & Mulims in US politics includes some interesting polling - "the 2005 Pew public opinion survey (available from here) showed that 54% of Americans had a very or somewhat favourable view of Muslims compared to a total unfavourable of 24%."

I record this only because so many of the commentators including bloggers from both sides of the debate seem to present US popular opinion in negative terms.

No comments: