Friday, April 20, 2007

Changes in Public Administration and their Impact on Public Policy

I have written a fair bit on this and other blogs about changes in the approach to public administration and the way they have affected the development of public policy. These posts have evolved with time and form something approaching an integrated body of work.

My problem is that when I write on certain issues I draw from this body of work. I am not saying that it is perfect, far from it, but it is at least informed through extensive experience.

My readers cannot be expected to follow all this work, nor is it possible to cross-reference everything so that readers know the supporting building blocks of my analysis. I have experimented with stocktake posts, but while these are useful, they are still far from perfect.

I am now trying something new. Over on the Ndarala Group blog I have begun the process of pulling together all my posts on public administration into a single integrated series. Each post has a full list of previous posts at the end so that those who are interested can read through the whole set as a series.

So far I have put up five posts in the series and hope to complete the whole set in a week or so. Those who are interested can find the introductory post here.

No comments: