Thursday, February 02, 2012

End month stats - a few interesting past posts

Sometimes I'm just not sure what to write about. I may have no ideas. More often, I have several things running around in my mind. That's actually worse! Then I tend to ramble. stats Jan 12 2

It's end month time. The chart shows the visit stats to end January (yellow) plus page views (yellow plus red). Pretty stable, but up a bit.

There is a growing discrepancy between the site metre and google stats. Google shows a steady rise, but I think that this reflects a rising number of spam visits.

Some of the referrals I find on Google are quite odd. I don't understand, for example, why a Russian sex site should be sending me traffic!

Usually I list the most popular posts in the month. But that actually includes a lot of posts there just because of the title that really aren't worth a visit. Instead, here are three popular posts in the last month that may be worth a visit:

2 comments:

Anthony Hopper said...

The "referrals" coming from Russian sex sites are probably SPAM/bots.

Jim Belshaw said...

I think that's probably right, Anthony. I am mot sure that I properly understand SPAM bots.