Thursday, September 10, 2015

Louis Pratt's Data Blocking - Sydney Contemporary art exhibition

I have been enjoying my return as viewer to the Australian art scene. This is Louis Pratt's Data Blocking.  I mentioned another of his works in Monday Forum - art, ideology and politics.

I am talking about this now because Sydney Contemporary began today and will run to 13 September. Sadly, I will not be able to go since I will be leaving the country at the weekend. However, I see that James O'Brien has already visited. Hat tip to Neil Whitfield for alerting me to James' visit. James was clearly impressed!

The Louis Pratt piece is included in the Nanda/Hobbs display. Nanda/Hobbs was better known as Art Equity until the middle of this year.

Louis's piece is quite striking. My instinctive reaction was to say ouch!

One would really need to walk around it and think about before commenting properly. Maybe, I will see it at another time.

.

No comments: