Thursday, October 11, 2007

Welcome Visitor 18,000

Visitor 18,000 arrived today, someone from the University of Queensland searching through Google Australia on Australia's population growth. Welcome.

When I first set the counter on this site on 26 November 2006 I did not write down the starting number of visits, this was drawn from other stats, so I would have to go back through my papers to find out what the opening number was and hence the number of visits since then.

I can tell you, however, that there have been 21,653 page views since then. This is not a huge total by some blogging standards, but I am still happy.

Interesting discussion on LinkedIn bloggers about the survival rate among blogs. There is a very real attrition factor even among longer term bloggers. It all becomes too hard. We have seen this in the immediate group that I (we) follow.

What I have noticed, however, is that there seems to be a settling down process as each of us finds our niche. So long as we are satisfied with that niche, then things jog along pretty well.

At some point I must write some more about the content creation process in the on-line world. This is important for those of us who aspire to be professional bloggers.

Professional does not necessarily mean making money. To do that, you have to focus on the business of blogging. Rather, I am referring to professional as in approach.

No comments: