Saturday, September 13, 2008

A pause

We are going to the airport in an hour and I have suddenly realised that I will nor be able to complete the things I want to complete.

In Shanghai my wife has a conference. I am hand bag. I go on the accompanied persons' tours. This may sound dumb, but what I really to do is create a picture - sight, smell, feel - of what S. might have been like in the 1930s. Later I want to be able to shut my eyes and bring back the feel of the place.

I was very lucky to go to Singapore before it was modernised. Shanghai is exploding, more people already live there than live in Australia. BurtI think that the colonial quarter and old city still survive.

In Beijing we are lucky enough to have a local to show us around. I won't go into the connection, at this point, but we are lucky.

Time to give up on all the things I wanted to achieve before we left. Now it's time to go with the flow!

Time to sign off! By all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

All the best Jim, and take care.

Anonymous said...

Thanks, Thomas. I doubt my consequent posts will rival yours!