Thursday, December 27, 2007

Ghosts of Christmas past - a great post


Photo: Basillica, Sacre Coeur

Marcellous had a rather nice post on ghosts of Christmas past. I really enjoyed it, partly because I have been reading M. for a while and am interested, but also because of the usual clarity of his English.

I noted that in 1991 Marcel went to midnight mass at Sacre Coeur. Many years later this family went to midnight mass on Christmas at St.Germain des Pres, the oldest church in Paris. The next morning we had breakfast at the Les Deux Magots, one of the most famous cafes in Paris.

Christmas is about families and traditions. Elements may have been invented at different times, but they are all real.

Like M., many of my memories are tied up with Christmas. I hope that it continues.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you liked it Jim. Happy Xmas!

Jim Belshaw said...

Thanks, M, and the same to you.