Monday, December 10, 2007

A very nice email

I mentioned in my last post that I had taken a post off-line because of a comment from anon that I thought was fair. The anon in question, Australian David to distinguish him from the other David, emailed me because he was worried that he had been too harsh.

He had not. A comment from Lexcen on the same post confirmed that I had the post wrong. Lexcen simply wasn't sure just what to say.

I knew that Lexcen was a reader. I did not know that David was. He is one of small number of regular unknown readers that surface from time to time.

The fact that David wrote the comment in the first place, the fact that he was sufficiently worried that I had taken the post down to find my email address and email me, both are rather nice.

I often speak of our small blogging community. I think of it rather like the country life that I still miss, a community. Like all communities, we have our fights. But we also have friendship and support.

So thank you, David, and also Lexen.

No comments: