Friday, October 24, 2008

Strictly Personal


The Sermon

Photo: Clare (left) with some of her friends at Helen's 21st. The striking girl on the right, one of my favourites, lost most of her family in Cambodia's killing fields.

This is modern Australia. Despite our national problems and sometimes failures, we provide a home to people from more than 140 countries.

Now for the post

Up very early this morning to take Clare (youngest) to the airport for her New Zealand trip. Lots of fussing since this is her first international trip on her own. Her mother who is away must have rung four times!

Then updated references on my last post, Ken Henry, Malcolm Turnbull and the Australian Government's bank deposit guarantee - issues arising. I am still not satisfied, but time to move on.

Going through my posts for this story and trying to pull my ideas together, I wrote Musings in the midst of economic downturn. Again not perfect, but I think that it gets some points across.

No comments: