Another month ends. The attached graphic shows visits (yellow) plus page views (yellow plus red) to this blog over the twelve months to end October. There was another small increase in traffic.
The top ten page views in September were:
- Sunday Essay - the importance of quiet time in a crowded world 312 page views
- Generation One, Andrew Forrest and Aboriginal jobs... 257 page views. This one received a clear boost because of the address to the nation by Charles Perkin's grand daughter.
- Report of the NSW Aborigines Welfare Board, year ended 30 June 1940 234 page views
- Frustrations over the NBN discussion 176 page views
- Sunday Snippets - NZ earthquakes, Tomorrow when the War began, wild weather 161 page views
- The Importance of Family History 71 page views
- Skepticlawyer and the humanities 71 page views
- Rethymno and the complicated history of Crete 45 page views
- The importance of cultural activities 44 page views
- Australian history and the migrant experience 41 page views
Some traditional reader favourites on this list, plus some new ones.
I don't have proper in-traffic figures, so can't properly between the various categories. That said:
The top individual referring sites excluding search engine traffic were:
- http://skepticlawyer.com.au/ (various) 47 visitors
- http://wintonbates.blogspot.com/ 12 visitors
- http://clubtroppo.com.au/2010/10/29/missing-link-friday-29-october-2010/ 8 visitors
- http://niar-guardianangel.blogspot.com/ 5 visitors
The top search words were:
- cultural gatekeepers 12
- personal reflections 9
- artist critic writer australia 8
- importance of family history 8
- chinese gardens 7
- family history importance 6
- chinese garden sydney 5
- polycultural 5
- significant learning and personal reflection express it in simple poem 5
- careers for young men 4
Search engine traffic was dominated by google.com.au followed by google.com.